Each One Teach One 2014
Each One, Teach One is an annual event hosted by the Bank Street Council of Students (COS) to facilitate the sharing of ideas, research and experiences with graduate students, Bank Street faculty and staff, and School for Children teachers and parents.
In the morning there will be two components:
1. Experiential Fair: This "Experiential Fair" will feature various activities, experiences, and developmental platforms that are meaningful for children. You will be able to stop by, stay for a few minutes, learn, share, and then move on to another table or display.
2. Mini-Workshops: There will be three sections of 25-minute workshops. It will be set up like a conference, where you will select a workshop and stay for the duration. After lunch on your own or in a small topic focus group you can attend an hour workshop to dive a bit deeper into a subject area.
9:30 - Registration and light breakfast that we will provide
9:50 - Opening remarks and announcements
10:00 - First round of mini-workshops with time for questions
10:40 - Explore tables
11:00 - Second round of mini-workshops with time for questions
11:45 - Explore tables
12:00 - Eat lunch that you bring with presenters to dive deeper into the topics discussed in the morning
Each One Teach One 2013
Take a peek at last year's Each One Teach One event!
Featuring the creativity of faculty, staff, students and alum from the Graduate School, School for Children, Continuing Professional Studies, and the bookstore!
Workshops that year included:
- Why I Started a Charter School
- Infant Development
- Blocks Curriculum at Kindergarten
- Highly Sensitive Children and Adults
- Autism Annotations
- Let Them Play: Building Teacher Leadership in a New York City Public School
- Online Education
- International Education
- Dramatic Arts as Literacy Intervention
- Folk and Traditional Arts Instruction
- The Art of Shop (Woodworking)
- Tray Painting
- Science and Nature Program at the American Museum of Natural History
- Reinventing Informal Science Education for Vulnerable Youth
Sponsored by the Graduate School Council of Students and Staff Council. Refreshments will be served.